Users can attempt the exam three times, but if they fail three times, they will have their account locked for 60 days. To help you prepare, here are some tips from QB Youtuber, FinePoints. In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification Exam questions and provide some tips on how to prepare for the exam. Also, we will explain how to become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor in four easy steps so that you can advance your career as an accountant or bookkeeper.
Whether you plan on taking the full certification exam or you are eligible to take the recertification exam, each requires a score of 80% or higher to pass. Test-takers have only three (3) attempts to pass either examination. QuickBooks Desktop 2023 ProAdvisor Certifications have just been added to the QuickBooks Training Portal. You can take the QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification Exam as many times as you want. If you do not pass the exam, you have to wait for 60 days before retaking it.
How to find training & become certified
Last year, more than 50,000 QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor certifications were completed. The first step is easy; you just need to create an online QuickBooks account and register yourself as an accountant. The whole process can be done from the QuickBooks Online website, and it’s completely free to enroll and register. After creating your account, you will be eligible to access the study material so that you can prepare for the exam. LiveFlow is one of the best financial accounting tools in the industry.
It’s a whole new level of training and expertise that sets you up to thrive—year after year. You will find the two self-paced courses at the top of the Desktop training library, which is at the bottom of the new ProAdvisor Training Library (highlighted in red in the illustration below). Let’s look at each of these steps in a bit more detail so that you can get a better understanding of what each step in the process entails. So, now that you know what the QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification is and why it’s worth obtaining, let’s go over how to become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Expert phone and chat support with product specialists dedicated to ProAdvisors.
Step 1 – Sign Up for a QuickBooks Online Accountant Subscription
It features helpful templates that simplify the most complex business accounting processes, which can help your company save a considerable amount of time, money, and stress. You can try LiveFlow’s powerful features with a free 30-minute demo, so if you want to automate your business accounting, then be sure to try LiveFlow today. As mentioned, the exam consists of 80 different questions and covers all of the topics discussed above, plus many more. In order to pass the exam, you will need to score a minimum of 80 percent. Keep in mind that if you fail the exam the first time, you can try again.
- Users can attempt the exam three times, but if they fail three times, they will have their account locked for 60 days.
- Sign up for QuickBooks Online Accountant to automatically unlock ProAdvisor perks and resources, and start growing and managing your practice under one login.
- Build marketing strategies that engage your audience and convert leads into customers with Kacee Johnson, CEO of Blue Ocean Principles.
- All you need to do is study the course material, which takes most people an average of around hours, and then write the exam, which lasts about two hours.
If you pass the exam successfully, you will receive a digital copy of your certification in your email inbox. The process of obtaining your QuickBooks certification is relatively quick. All you need to do is study the course material, which takes most people an average of around hours, and then write the exam, which lasts about two hours. Anybody who wants to become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor can do so as long as they are prepared to study the course material and can pass the exam. Grow your practice with content marketing tools that showcase your expertise, featuring Jason Blumber of Blumber CPAs and Thriveal CPA Network.
However, the salary can vary depending on the job location, industry, and level of experience. Certified ProAdvisors can work as bookkeepers, accountants, https://personal-accounting.org/how-to-become-a-quickbooks-proadvisor/ or consultants. Get the desktop software and training you need to maximize productivity, at an exclusive QuickBooks ProAdvisor price.
How much should I charge as a QuickBooks ProAdvisor?
Beginner: $15 per hour. Intermediate: $19 per hour. Advanced: $30 per hour.
The last module encompasses the same content found in the «What’s New» course. Get the latest product updates and certification news to help you grow your practice. To prepare for the exam, we recommend that you study the QuickBooks Online Certification Training course thoroughly. You can also take QuickBooks ProAdvisor practice tests to help you prepare for the exam. Practice tests will help you identify areas where you need to focus your study efforts and build your confidence.
Growth & marketing
Certification gives you access to premier marketing resources to distinguish your firm, get leads, and build your brand. If you are a bookkeeper, or hoping to become one, and have been frustrated with the free, but time consuming and often confusing training provided by Intuit, these courses are for you. Quickly and easily pass the QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor exams and get your certification. The «What’s New in QuickBooks Desktop 2023 – Recertification» course, which is only a single module, will take you approximately 1.5 hours to pace through and earn you 2 CPE Credits if you successfully complete it. The average salary of a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor is around $60,000 per year.
- No vendor within this article has paid Insightful Accountant or the author any remuneration to be included within this feature.
- The June 30, 2023 only applies to QBO (and QBO Advanced) recertification, and only then to certain ProAdvisors who haven’t earned the most recent certifications (since November 2022).
- Keep in mind that if you fail the exam the first time, you can try again.
- Get the latest product updates and certification news to help you grow your practice.
- Let’s look at each of these steps in a bit more detail so that you can get a better understanding of what each step in the process entails.
Are you frustrated with the time-consuming and confusing QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor basic course training? We save you potentially weeks or months with our videos and hands-on practice exercises. Keep in mind that there are actually two different QuickBooks Exams, one for QuickBooks online and one for QuickBooks Desktop Pro.
Credibility clients can see
The QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification Exam consists of 55 multiple-choice questions. The exam is timed, so you need to manage your time effectively to ensure you have enough time to answer all the questions. Bring together your marketing tools and invoice data, which could help you speed up sales and accelerate your growth. Gold, Platinum, and Elite ProAdvisors have exclusive access to the Free SKU + ongoing email support as well as a 15% discount on paid SKUs. Gain soup-to-nuts QuickBooks mastery, from basic setup to the latest tools.
- The process is quick and only involves the four simple steps listed above.
- You can also take QuickBooks ProAdvisor practice tests to help you prepare for the exam.
- The exam is timed, so you need to manage your time effectively to ensure you have enough time to answer all the questions.
- Certification gives you access to premier marketing resources to distinguish your firm, get leads, and build your brand.
- After creating your account, you will be eligible to access the study material so that you can prepare for the exam.
If you thought the training for the basic QBO certification was difficult, the advanced training will knock your socks off! Don’t struggle or panic, allow us to teach you everything you need to pass. We take all the hassle out of QBO’s complex course and certification exam.
Showcase your services to a vast, diverse network of potential clients. As a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor, you’ll earn points and rewards to grow your firm and lift your clients.